Hey Fitness Pros.
I'm currently in the final preparation stages for our annual 6 mile Run/Walk and Live Concert fundraiser event at our studio this weekend. We've got the street in front of our business blocked off where we'll start and finish the event, we'll have a stage set up for the Live Band, vendors will be on site and it's just going to be a blast.
It's a lot of work - applying for city permits, finding sponsors, recruiting volunteers, event planning and more. But it's all worth it.
The big question is Why? What do we as a business get out of hosting events like this?
1. We've got 200 people already signed up - that will be closer to 300 by the weekend. In addition, we've got about 75 volunteers helping out. Plus there will be spectators to cheer on their loved ones. So we'll have about 500 people right in front of our studio, knowing exactly where we are, what we do and seeing what a fabulous, community-minded company we are. That's got to be good for business!
2. We will also now have all the runners/walkers email addresses so we can continue to market to them and promote any upcoming programs and events.
3. Creating moments of magic. When the participants cross the finish line, they're going to feel amazing. They'll associate this memorable moment with us. If they are a client, this enhances client retention. If they are not a client, if they are thinking about taking their program to a new level, they are going to come to us.
4. Fun & Friendships: These types of events foster a fun environment that develops friendships. When people have a lot of friends where they workout, they are more likely to come which enhances results and they are less likely to leave and go elsewhere!
5. Supporting your community. People do business with people they know and like and respect. These events give our community a chance to get to know us. Plus if they appreciate a business that really takes care of their community, they will be more likely to want to train with us compared to another fitness club.
6. Offer a feeder into your Private Training services and programs. For example, we host a Triathlon. We also host the Triathlon Training clinic to help people get prepared for the Triathlon. We currently have 20 people signed up for our clinic and each paid $199 to participate. So it's a nice additional revenue stream.
Next month, we're hosting our Triathlon. After that, a hiking and cycling trip to Crater Lake. And can you believe, we get paid for this?!
Yours in health, fitness and business,
ps. If you're thinking about hosting your own events, but don't know where to start, you can purchase our systems for how we organize our events. Email email@example.com and she'll get you all set-up.